Make Your Own Mobile Phone Cradle

Two facts:

1. My husband and I both have (and love) our Droid X phones.

2. My phone is always in my sight and has it's own little homemade stand.

If you have a smart phone, you probably have lots of apps and you spend a lot of time looking at them.

I enjoy viewing Facebook, YouTube videos, email, texts and more on my phone. It's a lot easier to do these things while my phone is sitting on it's phone cradle, made by my handy husband.

You will need:
Thin composite board
90 degree bracket
Piece of wood for bottom, serving as a shelf for bottom of phone
Something to cut the board with (he used a miter saw)
Wood glue to attach the bracket and shelf

The amount of board and size of bracket you will need depends on the size of your phone.

I have a cradle by my bed where it sits and charges. I also have a cradle at work where my phone stays docked beside my computer so that I can keep an eye on it should my phone light up, indicating that I have a message. The sides of the phone are free so that you can charge it if needed.









1 comment:

Finerlife said...

Cool maybe spray paint it to be more visually appealing but love the concept thanks